Jem is a versatile and engaging speaker, who has presented and hosted at a number of national events on a range of topics to audiences of between 10 and 250 people.
With credits including Byline Festival, the Student Publication Association Annual Awards, and several universities including Oxford and Goldsmiths, she would be very glad to help make your event a success. For rates (including discounts and exemptions) email email@example.com.
Jem came to Queen Mary to do a freelancing masterclass and the students were more than happy listening to her advice and knowledge. She answered all questions and gave the students some self-belief that they can succeed with freelancing. We had 100% positive feedback and by the next day, two of our students were paid freelancers.
Christine Stokes, Student Activities Co-Ordinator
I’ve seen Jem give talks and present awards several times now, most notably at Student Publication Association Awards 2017. Jem is fun, engaging and understands the tone of an event (be it debauched or distinctly serious). I’d highly recommend as a host or a speaker at any event.
Richard Brooks, Former NUS Vice-President
- University of Oxford, Getting in Journalism, Panel (31st January 2018)
- Journo Resources Launch Party: Why We Need To Be Constructive About The Media (1st February 2018)
- Goldsmiths University Media Conference, Freelancing Workshop (3rd February 2018)
- Royal Holloway University, Media Training Session on Getting into Journalism (24th February 2018)
- Women in Media Conference, Manchester, Freelancing Workshop (3rd March 2018)
- London Metropolitan University, Panel, Reporting Crisis and Human Rights (7th March 2018)
- Student Publication Association National Conference 2018, Cardiff, Talk and Panel (7-8th April 2018)
Selected Previous Events:
- Petroc College Annual Awards Ceremony, Guest Speaker and Awards Presentation (250 people, 5th January 2018)
- SPA Regional Conference, Exeter, Freelancing Workshop (30 People, 24th November 2017)
- SPA Regional Conference, London, Freelancing Workshop (30 people, 18th November 2017)
- Byline Festival 2017, Workshop on Breaking Into Journalism (30 People, 3rd June 2017)
- Student Publication Association National Awards 2017, Host and Presenter (150 People, 6th May 2017)
- Student Publication Association National Conference 2017, Panel on Freelancing and Getting Into Journalism (30 – 100 people, 6-7th May 2017)
- SPA Regional Conference, London, Q&A on Freelancing (20 People, 11th March 2017)
- Student Publication Association National Awards 2016, Host and Presenter (150 people, 9th April 2016)
- Cardiff University SPA Conference 2016, Breaking into Journalism (30 people, 20th February 2016)