November 2015 – June 2016
As a full-time reporter at politics.co.uk I am responsible for both developing high-quality editorial video for the site, as well as assisting on commercial projects.
I also take the lead on their social media strategy to ensure the highest possible reach and use their custom CMS.
- Directing, self-shooting and editing videos to bring the human side of political stories to life
- Attending editorial and production meetings to generate original stories, ideas and video content
- Working closely with the editorial team to launch original video journalism on site
- Producing srt files for film captioning and basic animation overlays
- Assisting with multi-camera commercial shoots, on technical set-up, producing and interviewing
- Scriptwriting for 2D animations and kinetic text animations