My name is Jem Collins and I’m a professional video, online and social journalist working in the UK, with a proven record of original and engaging stories and investigations.
Currently, I’m the News and Social Media Editor for RightsInfo, a human rights news website which tries to tell human rights stories in an engaging and positive way. Alongside this, I’m the founder and editor of Journo Resources, a start-up which aims to help people into the media with positive tools. I also freelance for a range of national outlets.
My work has a strong focus on human rights, especially mental health, local projects and period poverty, and I also frequently write about careers and breaking into journalism.
Outlets I’ve worked with:
- RightsInfo, News and Social Media Editor (Full-Time)
- The i Paper, Digital Journalist and Opinion Writer (Freelance)
- Metro.co.uk, Social Producer (Freelance)
- Pink News, Digital Journalist (Freelance)
- Debut Careers, Writer (Freelance)
- The Sun, Digital Journalist (Freelance)
- Politics.co.uk, Video Journalist and Producer (Full-Time)
- London Live, Video Journalist and Producer (Freelance)
- The Media Society, Social Media and Reporting Manager (Part-Time)
- KMTV, Video Journalist (Full Time)
- Grip Media, Online Editor SavetheStudent.org (Part-Time)
- Broadcast3D.TV (Freelance)